Saturday, August 25, 2012

Priceless!

This morning was filled with a few chuckles. I went to see one of my favorite people in his first 5K, running, of course. Because I am as clueless as my husband says I am ... I didn't realize you could participate as a walker. So, at the very last minute, I decided to walk. I met up with a friend (a dear friend who has baked the most delicious cakes ever for me & taken time to love me on my journey).

We decided to walk my first 5K together. I truly wouldn't have made it very far on my own. I would have focused on being hot & how behind I was. Instead... we talked about life & its many aspects. She is such a beautiful person, I was so thankful to spend this hour with her. It even made up for my embarrassment of being last (by a long shot)!

As we walked this race, we had the joy of telling each station that we were the last. They could put the cones away. One of the men manning a post, encouragingly said... It's important to do a good job whatever you do. I couldn't help but laugh. Another kind soul even said...Good job. At this point, I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard (sorry if that's TMI).

The highlights were the 2 pretty kitties that took up residence at one of the posts. They were big & looked like they belonged. The smell of the pine trees reminded me of my camping days. My husband accused me of participating just to get the tee shirt. He may have a point. I love the tee! The money went to fight hunger. Always a worthy cause! Time spent with a cherished friend, priceless!

Seeing one of my favorite people come in 2nd overall on his first 5K was such a happy ending. It also helped me forget about my embarrassment. He won a gift certificate, & his name was drawn to win a pie. He chose one I had baked. I hope he likes it! All in all, a lovely morn!

Dedicated to: Chelsea Corwin


No comments:

Post a Comment