Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Worth of Your Fear

What is the worth of your fear? If you could trade it in for peace or joy or a sense of security, would you? BUT… what if there were a COST that came with your trade? Would you still make the trade?
Sorry for all the questions, but I believe their answers are worth contemplating…

I have never paid much attention to Donald Trump until last summer. I've never watched The Celebrity Apprentice. I've never stayed in a Trump Hotel. I've never cared about his wealth, his marriages, or his personality. He just really didn't matter to me. If it weren't for his hair, I wouldn't even have put a name with his face.

Last July, my ears began to perk up when I heard some of his words. I believe that what comes from the mouth is what's overflowing in the heart. I think it's fair to say that your words are a good representation of the the real you. As we consider the words that have been uttered time & again by this presidential candidate, I think it's a MUST that we sort them out.

As we do this, we must evaluate where we stand… The trade off for our fear is BULLYING & BIGOTRY if we vote for Trump. I've heard it said by an elderly man being interviewed, that Trump's ego knows NO limits. Looking to our older generation is always hind sight. After all, that generation has the most experience in life. They have more wisdom & a greater ability to put the pieces together than the younger generations.

The danger of an ego that must be satisfied is in how the man with the ego prioritizes. His ego will always be his first priority. His character matters. It will determine his decisions, his words, his actions. Being president means making decisions of unimaginable magnitude. His decisions will impact not only our country but our world (obviously).

So… he's elected. After all, his so called success as a businessman qualifies him to be president. Let's pretend he builds his wall, & Mexico even pays for it. If we've lived through a few presidential elections, we know that it's highly unlikely that the candidates' promises are fulfilled.

Let's wake up! It's too late for the wall. It may bring a false security, but at best, that's all it will bring. Terrorists have infiltrated our world, & I don't believe a wall will protect us. It will just serve as a way to monitor the influx of immigrants. At one point I believe he was encouraging war crimes, killing the families of terrorists, & breaking up the families of immigrants. If we make our decisions without putting a name or a face on these innocent victims, it's easier to kill the terrorists families. (They kill innocent people all the time). It's easier to break up the families of immigrants. (They're here illegally, & that is what they deserve).

What person do you want to be? The one who trades in his fear for false security, for bullying, for bigotry, for hurting innocent people (including children). The one who says "I'm fed up with politics, so I'll vote for something even worse." The Bible has a lot to say about fear. I don't believe God ever says to trade our fear in for evil. It's like dealing with the Devil. If you don't think it through, it may seem appealing. You may even be able to justify it in your mind. However, once the deal is made, we will reap what we sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment