Monday, March 5, 2018

Queen "B"

This evening, for the first time in a long time, I am writing a blog. This particular blog is for a sweet friend (gone to soon). I know some of you are thinking, "Here we go again!" Some of you are so sick of breast cancer awareness, you don't want to be aware! Some of you are so sick from breast cancer, you want to scream your disgust from a mountaintop! You've been robbed of much, & truth is, when will it end?

2 years ago, @ a Race for The Cure, a speaker told my friend that we were less than 5 years away from a cure. I took that little tidbit of information, & I've held on to it for dear life! Could we be that close to a cure, to a world without breast cancer, or is that something we can only imagine?

The Cure didn't come fast enough for my sweet friend, Bilinda Jean Kelly. I believe she went to the ER this past Christmas Eve. She had plans to begin yet another chemo, but she was fast becoming too ill to withstand the treatment. Instead of a new chemo, she went home, & Hospice became the answer to her family's prayers. She did not make it to ring in the New Year.

Her suffering came to an abrupt end after a 4 year journey filled with uncertainties, tears, fear, sadness, & an incredible amount of joy in spite of her circumstances. You see, she was loved beyond measure by her beloved husband & her adoring daughter. I know their hearts still ache with grief, but peace can reign in their hearts for 2 reasons. #1. They loved her well. #2 She had a faith that held up while the rivers of trouble kept flowing. Time after time, she received hopeless news. Time after time, her family loved her through their sorrows. She never gave up. In the end, she had no choice. It was time. Her # was called.

I wonder how many more #'s will be called before we have our Cure? Will my # be called? Will my family have to grieve for me? Will I miss out on my precious grandchildren?  Will I grieve because I know my days are numbered? I am not afraid to ask these questions. I am not afraid to die. I am afraid to leave my family & my little ones with aching grieving hearts because The Cure didn't come soon enough. We are close. Perhaps Team Sweet Potatas will be enough. Perhaps this year, the Race for The Cure will push the bar, & the Cure will come. Wouldn't you like to be a part of that!

1 comment:

  1. Bilinda made everyone a better person,it was her gift.-Kathy G.

    ReplyDelete