Thursday, March 29, 2018

I cry twice as hard.

This morning I pour out my broken heart for the loss of yet another beautiful soul in this world. She was a tough one. Many times on her FB page, her friends refer to her as their "Badass" friend, girl, chic... When I first met her 6 years ago, I immediately sensed that she had a larger-than-life personality. Now, I mourn because I missed out on knowing her better. After reading the almost endless comments from all who knew & loved her, I am certain I should have been a part of her tribe (as she called it). There's so much I admired about her spirit. She was a one-of-a-kind kick-cancer-in-the-rear kind of girl.

She wasn't supposed to leave us so soon. I have said this before, but I would be remiss if I didn't say it again. The CURE didn't come soon enough for her. She needed it. Her children needed her to have it! Her husband needed it! Her parents even needed it. Why oh why do we NOT have a CURE? How many more women will die from BC before our long awaited CURE is found? How many more young children will lose their mamas? How many more spouses will become widowed? How many parents will say an untimely good-bye to their daughters, the beloved mama of their grandchildren? Since Christmas, this is the 4th woman I've known to lose her life to to BC. In just the last 3 weeks, this is the 3rd mama with young children to die.

Two years ago we were told there was a cure just around the bend. We've heard on the news that with the genome typing of cancers, we are getting closer & closer. Yes, the DNA of certain cancerous tumors can be typed. Then, the proper chemo given, & that cancer can be stopped DEAD in its tracks. RESEARCH is getting closer, so let's pour $ into RESEARCH & get this figured out. It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! More dollars to RESEARCH ='s LIVE'S SAVED! It will mean less suffering, fewer young children losing their mamas, fewer spouses becoming widowed too early on in their marriages, & a decrease in the # of parents who have to bear this unimaginable burden of saying good-bye to their daughters.

When cancer takes a kind soul, a compassionate soul, a spunky feisty soul, one with a heart of determination, one far too young, one which leaves young children without a mama, I think I cry twice as hard. Amy was all of these things. She had a magnetic personality, light-up-the-room kind of spirit. She included everybody in her tribe. She knew each day that her life was a gift, & she lived each day accordingly. "Dear God, Please comfort her grieving family. The emotional toll of this disease is too much for any family (for any patient) to bear. I pray that you will take this cup from us, & take it soon. I pray that I don't have to write another blog pouring out my heart & saying yet again, 'The CURE didn't come soon enough' for one more beloved friend." Amen.

PLEASE GIVE to make RESEARCH happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment