Saturday, July 13, 2013

"Follow Me."

Every now & then, I have a thought which just won't go away. It seems as though it's begging me to formulate  into a blog. I really don't feel qualified to make this statement, but I feel as though God has laid this recurrent thought on my heart for two reasons: #1 to apply to my own life... #2  to share with others.  The best way to share Jesus is by being Christlike. It's SO simple, yet we make it so difficult. Books have been written on how to share Christ. People have attended conferences. Talk radio has covered this topic. I have been trained myself. My attempts are feeble; however God blesses them.

So as I write this blog, please do not misunderstand my intent. I believe in sharing Christ verbally. If God lays it on my heart to share His Son with others, I muster up the courage & do the best I can. Thankfully, He does the rest. No regrets ever for sharing my Lord & Savior. Yes... now & then, it's a bit awkward, but there is peace in obedience. There is peace in responding to being prompted by the Holy Spirit. It never comes back void. Period.

So this recurrent thought keeps dogging me. The best way to share Christ is by being Christlike. I know this to be true because I see the attention (the thought) people give to Christlike actions. Whether it be generosity, an apology, forgiveness, caring for another a soul, lifting someone's burden, being a listening ear, selflessness, dirty work, turning the other cheek, peace in a terrible situation, supporting someone who feels misunderstood, boldness, patience, taking a stand, transparency, putting yourself out there... Whatever it is, when we reflect Christ, others notice.

When living our life for Christ becomes an issue of the heart, when the legalism is set aside, great things begin to happen. When we focus on Jesus, when we respond to others as He would, hearts are touched. When we shed our judgements of others, when we forget about our denomination, when we just try to be like Christ, people respect our faith & want it. Period.

Jesus met people at the well. He met them where they were. He didn't promise them an epiphany. He didn't say one day when you feel ready. No... He challenged them in the heat of the moment. Now is the time. Don't go home & get your ducks in a row. Don't wait until you have complete understanding. Today is the day. Now is the time. Follow Me & you will live life in a way you have never experienced. If you want adventure, Follow Me. If you want lasting peace which surpasses all understanding, Come, Follow Me.




No comments:

Post a Comment