Thursday, July 18, 2013

Worth.

How do you teach purity to someone who has never known purity? How do you explain "True love waits" to someone who thinks love does just the opposite. I never really thought about this until recently. I have some dear friends who have not had role models in their lives to teach them about their worth. They are all grown up now, but I dare say, they have no concept from whence their value comes...

Lacking nurture & affection in their childhood, they have gaps that will likely never be filled. They have the capacity to love & to be loved; they just sometimes look for love in the wrong place. They tend to fill their holes with unsatisfying relationships & patterns that will only leave their hearts bankrupt.

Emptiness is their constant companion. Filling that emptiness is their constant desire. Seeking fulfillment in the wrong place seems to be their curse. Somehow their caregivers failed them in their early years, & the best they can do as young adults is acknowledge their "holes" & understand their missing pieces.

When I look into a person's past & begin to understand why they do the things they do, I can only be grieved. I grieve for them, for what they never knew, for the love they never experienced in their early years. I am so sorry for their hurt, their longing, their inability to understand their worth. I am sorry for their tears. I am sorry they sometimes feel so unloveable.

I want to hug them. I want to lift their load, fill their emptiness, & explode with their worth. I want to cry their tears. I want to wrap my arms around them & tell them they will be okay. I want to help them make healthy decisions. I want to give them hope. I want them to know their worth. I want them to feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment