Wednesday, March 5, 2014

You just cannot look away...

As I sit here with Sleeping Beauty (my precious grand daughter), I cannot help but admire her beautiful facial features as they become more & more present with each day. She was born a little early, and she almost seems like a different baby than the one we welcomed into our world 2&1/2 months ago. Our little preemie was tiny & precious. Her little ears were paper thin. Her tininess seemed to define her in those early days. Her beauty was radiant, but she just wasn't quite ready to be born.

So now, a few months down the road, our sweetie has grown so nicely. She is off her monitor. She is easily comforted. She is alert. She doesn't just smile, she does something special with her eyes. I can't explain it, but her eyes catch you & hold you. They twinkle, & you just cannot look away. She has us all wrapped around her little finger.

I attribute her good health & blossoming beauty to her mommy & daddy. They worked together around the clock to care for her. She came into the world with a few hardships, but you would never know it today. Her mama did a lil research on what preemies liked, & that is just what she did. One doesn't even have to ask what this little one likes today. She tells you in her own sweet way.

So… when it's my day to watch her…I'll be honest, I get a bit excited. Holding her is better than words can say. Looking into her deep blue eyes takes my breath away. When she smiles, my heart melts. I love her coos. I know she's happy. Her eyebrows are coming in a beautiful shade. My own children were destined to have brown hair & hazel eyes. This tiny girl has a blond hair/blue eyed father. Watching her features develop is like observing a pretty flower as it unfolds.

I don't know how it's possible, but she gets a little prettier each day. Her personality is precious. I wouldn't trade my days with her for anything or anyone. Her baby days are fleeting so if I sit with her now & then, maybe I can catch her beauty as it unfolds right before my eyes. Life is full of difficulties, but a few moments with her remind me to stop & smell the roses. I hold her & look into her eyes. There is nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment