Sunday, February 23, 2014

in loving memory...

Every now & then something happens that just shakes you up from the inside out. It takes you back to a time when things were different but good. It takes you back to a simpler time before turmoil over took. When I see the sorrow in my kid's hearts, I remember that what we had was real. It wasn't just my life; it was my kid's lives, it was some of my dearest friends, it was a church family. Today someone from our old church family died unexpectedly.

He leaves a legacy. He was so full of passion. He loved the Lord, & he knew how to praise the Lord with all his joy & with all his soul. He made an impact. I believe he lived life to the full every day. He hunted. He motorcycled. He fished. He loved the outdoors. He loved his beautiful wife, & she loved him. I always thought they were soul mates. He loved his kids. He knew how to throw a party. He had a smile that said it all…

Tonight I am flooded with memories. 3 years ago we left our church home of 25 years. Things were a mess, & my broken heart couldn't take it any more. God lead us out & to a new church. I love my new church. My new church family is dear to me. However, when I received this sad news, my heart stopped momentarily. My thoughts immediately went back to a time when life was so happy in our old church.

People sang with their whole heart because of this man. We had beautiful Christmas cantatas. He stirred things up a bit. He tended to wear his feelings on his sleeve. I was always amused by his antics. He came at a time when I was still a bit shy. I didn't always know how to respond to him, but he always made me smile. I know he is already in Heaven. I know he is dancing with the Lord. I know he is crowing like a rooster. I know he is one of the most passionate saint of all times. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment