Friday, December 26, 2014

So… How was your Christmas?

Today I was out & about for a little bit. Everywhere I went, people seemed to ask me, "So…how was your Christmas?" Hmmnnnn… I hemmed & hawed a little (trying to decide how truthful I should be). Yep, that's right. I've had worse Christmases, & I've certainly had better.

My husband ran a fever of 102 all day. My daughter is sick.  Our gathering which was postponed from the week before has again been postponed. If it doesn't happen soon, I'm afraid we will just deliver our gifts & call it a day.

So with much preparation & great anticipation on my end, Christmas has come & gone, but it never really came this year. Nope… it didn't seem like Christmas at all. We made it to our Christmas Eve service. I enjoyed every song, every child, the reading of the Christmas Story, & communion. Yes… that felt like Christmas.

My house has been decorated since mid November. I have religiously lit my candles each evening & enjoyed the twinkle of each light. I baked cookies galore & thought over & over how thankful I am for my new kitchen. My presents were wrapped so long ago, I cannot remember what lies under the pretty paper.

Sometimes, the best laid plans are for naught. It feels a little empty, but whether or not our plans occur doesn't change the fact that a Savior was born. My unkept plans need not rob me of the HOPE I have every day of the year because of Christmas Day. My plans went astray (just as they oftentimes do). It's okay. Jesus is still King of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment