Thursday, February 28, 2013

her pretty blue eyes

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we deeply love becomes a part of us (Helen Keller). Yesterday while I was browsing through my favorite floral shop, I came across this quote written on a ceramic cross. As I browsed through the store, I kept pondering the words in that quote. I decided that even though I really don't need any more "pretties" in my home, I needed that cross because the words have such meaning. I later found out that the quote comes from Helen Keller. Why did that catch me by surprise?

What Helen Keller lacked in sight she gained in insight. It takes a special person to write such words. Her words mean so much to me because I see living proof of them in my own life & in the lives of my loved ones. As I watch my beloved mother age, it touches my heart to see that her deep loves in life are still very much a part of her. Her love for & knowledge of music astounds me. Music takes her to a Heavenly place. I can see it in her demeanor, in her eyes, & the peace that comes over her as she hears a beautiful piece of music.

Her love for poetry runs deeply through her soul. She loves to hear the poems she wrote long ago. They tell a story of her life, a life of family & love. I need never question what was/is important to her. And yes... she loves the lake. It too soothes her soul. Every day that it's possible, her sweet husband takes her for a ride. They sit & have a sandwich in the car as they stare at the beautiful lake. Each day it's colors have a unique hue. Certainly, a beautiful way to brighten her day.

Her sense of humor still tickles me. She's always been spontaneous & remarkably still is. There's nothing better than a little ride to the candy shop except the gleam in her eye as she enjoys a few sweets. She still loves the snow & the nature that surrounds her home. Her favorite past time is watching the deer & other wildlife pass by her window. Lastly, I  need never wonder if she loves me. I hear it in her voice when I call her. I feel it in my soul when she says she loves me. I see it in her pretty blue eyes as I look into them.

2 comments:

  1. Brings tears to my eyes, Susie. I'll be praying for your mother and for her wonderful daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... thank you & God bless you.

    ReplyDelete