Monday, June 24, 2013

We are misled.

Today was spent with a friend. We went to lunch & then walked down to The River Front. We haven't spent time together in ages. This friend always has a smile on her face. There's nothing we can't share. We always pick up where we've left off. Being with her is like a mini vacation. I almost took a raincheck this morning because I had a few things bothering me. Funny how the minute she got in my car, I forgot my troubles. By the end of our time, I felt like a new woman.

As I entered my home, I put my little worries back in the right perspective. They will surely pass & don't deserve to rob me of my joy. I got myself busy making Puppy Chow & of course, sneaking a taste now & then. It's put away safely in my freezer, ready for our vacation. Laundry is done. Supper cleaned up.  Time to rest. It's been a beautiful day. I feel refreshed.

One person cannot change the world, but one person can change another person's world. I believe that ministry has a domino effect. Our God is a God of multiplication, & His handiwork never ceases to amaze me. I love to hear a God story where God uses one person, who touches the life of another, who reaches out to someone else... You get the picture. Trusting God never returns void. I hope that I am a part of this chain. I want to be used in an eternal way, a way in which builds the kingdom of God.

I recently came across a post on FB which I cannot get out of my head. "We do not go to church. We are the church, & we are here for the world." I believe this statement with my whole heart. Clearly, believers are to care for one another (as my friend did for me today). However, what we do outside the walls of the church is at least equally important.  If our churches are not outward focused, I believe we are misled. Reaching others for Christ is messy. It takes courage, but I believe it's the greatest use of the believer's earthly life.


2 comments:

  1. Keep sharing Susie, you have so much heart and a beautiful talent <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Janice. Appreciate your kindness from one G'ma to another!

    ReplyDelete