Sunday, January 5, 2014

It is not in vain.

Since the week before New Year's, I have been pondering what a worthy resolution would be for me this year. Today it came to me. I'd like to lose some weight, but I don't consider that a worthy resolution. Yes... I need more exercise, but again, that doesn't qualify. These goals are worthy, but I want my resolution to be of a spiritual nature. I always do...

As I was swimming laps this evening, it came to me. I want my resolution to be to pray diligently for my loved ones & friends in need. Quite simple, but the list is a bit extensive. I have 8 friends who are navigating a journey with cancer. Yes... I want to pray for each of them specifically on a daily basis. I don't want to be a person who says I will pray & then forgets to pray.

I have 2 grandchildren that I want to cover daily in prayer. They are so precious to me. One is a beautiful little preemie girl & the other is an adorable 7 month old baby boy. These 2 little beings add so much meaning to my life. Being their grandma is by far the best thing that happened to me in 2014. Their innocence and cute facial expressions warm my heart. Just the mere thought of them makes me smile.

I have many friends who are suffering from the tornado. Their burdens, their depression, their sadness is real. I am sad for them, & I want to remember them in my prayers too. As time goes by (it's been over 2 months now), life is still bleak. Many of us still stand in limbo waiting on our insurance. Limbo is one of the most agonizing places to be. We miss our homes, our neighbors, our former lives.

These are just some of the requests on my daily prayer list. I want to enrich this aspect of my life. I want to pray with meaning, with expectation, & most of all with diligence. I love that Our God has provided us a direct line to him through prayer. I love that prayer changes things; it is not in vain. I love that our God is ever-present. I love that He is full of compassion & that His eyes constantly are on those who love Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment