Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I am intricate.

The more I walk this journey called Life, the more I realize how complex our world is, the more I realize what an intricate masterpiece I am. I've been pondering much lately & noticing God at work in so many facets of my life. Recently, I realized that He will close a door if I cannot see clearly to make the right decision. I am so thankful for a God who overrides me. I've also become keenly aware of His provision for me. I am convinced He cares about each tear I cry.

The benefits of being one of His sheep can never be matched by living a life without Him. When my world is shaken, He is there. When I can't see straight, He leads me. If I seek, I find Him. It's as simple as that. A few days ago, I was having a rough moment, & He placed just the right person in my path at just the right time. No…I don't believe in coincidence. Last week, I had an appointment, & the words of my friend echoed through my head & kept me in the right place at the right time.

So as I think through these past 3 or 4 years of my life, I see myself as an intricate masterpiece. I am a masterpiece created by God & a culmination of all of the people who have poured into me. I sat in awe today as I began to recount all of the people who have been a part of my life. I have had so many people paint a little piece of their artwork on my heart. My body has been reconstructed. I am no more perfect than the sum of those who have helped me.

I haven't always heard the words I wanted to hear. I haven't always been treated how I wanted to be treated. My body is scarred. My heart is scarred. BUT the amazing part of all of this is that in spite of all of my imperfections & the imperfections of those around me, I do not feel abandoned. No, I feel just the opposite. I feel empowered & ready to face a new tomorrow. I feel loved. I feel convicted. I feel whole. I feel thankful.

I am overwhelmed by God. I do not know what tomorrow holds, but I do know He holds me. I know He's got me, & I got Him. Whatever comes my way, He walks with me. He carries me, & nothing will come my way unless He allows it. If He allows it, He will give me what I need to get through it. I don't know why I am the recipient of a God whose peace truly  surpasses all understanding. I don't know why I hear His voice or see His provision. I just know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment