Thursday, September 18, 2014

Well…that's just the best!

Yesterday, something magical happened. It's really just the small things in life that are so meaningful. Finally, My daughter & I got to take her sweet baby girl for photos. We had to cancel our first appointment due to Lily being sick. So… this time, we were determined to get the job done. Lily had been uncharacteristically fussy in the morning. As we drove, we wondered if she would be up to our much awaited day.

Lily seemed to enjoy every minute except for her outfit changes. She protested them a bit. Each snap shot made me laugh. Her lil face lit up, & the photographer somehow captured the many beautiful expressions of my grand daughter. She had her photo taken in a little bath tub (just her size).  She sat in a wooden crate in the meadow. She rocked in a little rocker. The possibilities seemed endless.

At the end, she even posed with Gram. Somehow, she managed to smile for every photo. She laughed. She showed her 2 bottom teeth. She flashed her baby blues. Yes… can you tell? I had the most fun of all! This precious lil girl who started out so tiny & fragile has come so far. Her personality is so happy & adoring. Being around her brightens my world.

On the way home, our lil model slept like a baby. So tired from her photo shoot. As we pulled into her driveway, she was deep in slumberland. Her mommy & I just sat in the car & let her sleep. We talked & we talked. We reminisced about the past. So many memories. Just her mama & I sharing life. How could I be so blessed? As history repeats itself in some ways, it has its own little twists & turns. Watching my daughter be a mama. Well… that's just the best! I love you, Haley!




No comments:

Post a Comment