Thursday, January 26, 2012

What could be worse?

Some people think that I am on the worst journey possible.  While I have to admit that breast cancer has always been on my list of greatest fears... I can now say with my whole heart, "It is not the worst thing that can happen in life."

What could be worse?  Lots of things. Having a child kidnapped & hearing the worst or never knowing how that precious life ended. Being abused as a child (in any way).  Losing a child to illness or the child never recovering from that illness.  Being neglected as a child, never feeling the security of a loving parent. Growing up in a war zone. Seeing a loved one harmed. Watching your teen choose a path that only leads to destruction.  Losing a parent as a young child. Being molested... The list goes on, & I have only named a few.

We live in a broken world. It wasn't meant to be this way. It is temporary.

I am thankful that I got to raise my 3 daughters to young adulthood before this cloud formed over my head & in my heart. I am grateful for the relationships I have with friends & family. I am not alone on my journey. I have not walked a day on this journey that someone hasn't taken time to love me. In spite of this journey, I am still the most blessed person I know.

5 comments:

  1. Your words touch my heart and speak such truth. Despite the brokenness of this world around us there are those that let their lights shine brighter, and in so doing, others find their way. Susie, your light is brilliant, and we are blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, You are such a positive influence in the midst of illness. Thank you for giving me a new perspective to look at my illness too. Love you & praying for you, Sydni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Susie for your positive outlook on life. I have a niece in remission with breast cancer and she has other life threatening illnesses. She has the same positive outlook. The two of you together can and will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie your words brought a tear to my eye. What an amazing testimony you are allowing your life to be. I can only imagine that your crown will have a few extra jewels. Please you God brings you to my mind often and gives me the pleasure to pray for you.
    Blessingsto to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We live in a broken world. It wasn't meant to be this way. It is temporary."

    It's a beautiful mess--this busted up broken place where love, beauty and wonder are mixed up with pain, suffering and things too horrible to fathom. And it's temporary.

    The good news is that there's a Redeemer and your words are redemption words. Keep walking this walk with Him, Susie!

    ReplyDelete