Friday, March 22, 2013

One life to live...

I believe we have one life to live. It begins in our mother's womb & continues as we pass into eternity the day we die. Where we spend eternity depends on whether or not we trusted in Christ while we were alive on earth. For some, it will be too late. This reality is sad, but it's also motivation to live a life which reflects Christ. I want the world to see Him in me so they might wonder & find Him too.

I believe God gave us our life "for such a time as this." If we spend our life comparing it to others, we will always come up short, & we will always come out ahead. If we are truly grateful, I believe we embrace the life we have & live it to the full. I am thankful for my life even though it has hardships I would never choose. After all, who would choose hardships?

My hardships range from my own health issues to the health issues of others. Some of my troubles revolve around relationships. Then there's my daily companion, Anxiety. Oh what I wouldn't give for a respite from her presence. There's also the emotional baggage that causes people to suffer. It often takes its toll in a way that surpasses any medical issues. Whatever our stresses, they are real...

Since we only have one earthly life to live, I think it's important we get a few things right. I believe embracing the life we have been given (for such a time as this) is key to living life to the full. Of course, we ALL have "things" in our lives we could do without. These "things" may be annoying or they may be of a magnitude which colors our whole life, how we see ourselves, & how we treat others as a result.

Here's my view on embracing my life: I believe I first must accept the journey I've been given (whether I would choose it or not). Next, I believe I need to pour my life into others (whatever that means). I want to give generously of myself, my time, my resources, insights, & whatever I have. I want God to use me to bless others. I want others to draw closer to Him because they get a glimpse of Him in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment