Thursday, September 26, 2013

a daughter with a baby

There's nothing quite like seeing your daughter become a mama. Sometimes the surprises in life are more than we can fathom. This is not an easy blog to write because it's hard to find the right words to describe my feelings. My lil grandson is more precious than gold. Why he is cuter than anything I've ever seen. His personality, his smile & his giggle, light up my day like nothing else. His cute little body. I just can't get enough...

But, the greatest treasure of all is seeing my daughter care for her baby son. His connection to her is precious. When she carries him, he looks around with such contentment. So alert. When he cries, she picks him up & immediately the sound of his cry changes. He is comforted by his mama. When he coos, she smiles from ear to ear & talks right back to him.

She has learned to discern the meaning of his cry. When he is tired, she instinctively knows what to do. She swaddles him up, & he relaxes & rests in her arms. If he is hungry, of course she knows just what to do. She puts his needs first. Her own things can wait. What she does with her time depends on what is best for him. I am so proud of her.

I feel so alive, so thankful, to be able to see this daughter of mine evolve into such a giving mama. I wish I had the words to write my thoughts & my feelings. To say I am blessed doesn't do me justice, doesn't do God justice. This is something magical. It's not to be taken for granted. I am here, & I get to be a part of this picture. To say I am grateful doesn't describe the joy in my heart. It's joy beyond words, a blessing beyond imagination, an honor to behold.


No comments:

Post a Comment