Friday, November 16, 2012

I've even been feeling guilty for this feeling.

This morning I got together with 2 friends that have come into my life because of this journey. We had breakfast for 3 hours. It was so nice to visit. Out of the blue, one of the girls (who's journey has timed out very closely with mine) shared a thought that has so been on my mind lately. She had no idea I was feeling the same thing. I've even been feeling guilty for this feeling. A rush of relief came over me. I realized it must be a normal feeling for what we've been through.

We chatted & laughed, ate our breakfast, shared, giggled like school girls, & sort of solved the world's problems. Not really, but we did have a nice time. It did my heart good. It's moments like this that I see how enriched my life is because of this journey God has allowed (if not caused) me to travel. I'm not exactly the same person I was prior to all of this, & I don't want to be. If I went through all of this & didn't deepen as a human being, I think it would be in vain.

It's amazing the silliness that occurs because of what we've experienced. If you didn't have a sense of humor, the journey would be much more painful. Laughing at our circumstances brings such relief. Joking about our surgeries is so ridiculous yet so healing. Bonding with such beautiful women makes it all so special. Sharing our trials brings comfort. Knowing someone else has the same feelings strangely brings relief.

In the last year, God has impressed upon my heart the importance of friendship. He created us with a need for each other. We are not made to walk our journeys alone. Whatever our journey, we need to let friends in on our struggles. It makes the load so much lighter & maybe even enjoyable. It doesn't make our troubles go away, but it makes them bearable. Two are better than one. A chord of three is not easily broken. Pity the one who falls & has no one to pick him up (Ecclesiastes).

1 comment: