Tuesday, May 27, 2014

to Gloria & LaVerne...

Today, I had some thoughts I'd like to share. They are not based on scripture; however, they are somewhat inspired by scripture, but I cannot say they are Biblical. They are just my thoughts. Perhaps they are true. One day, I believe I will know. Until then, I shall ponder…

I love thinking about Heaven. I know I've written about Heaven before, but today my mind stumbled on to an aspect of Heaven I never really considered in the past: relationship or friendship. Now, I know I've talked about my mom meeting up with my dad in Heaven. I've thought a lot about that & how wonderful that reunion would be.

But today… I was thinking more about my mom & her girlfriends. As a person ages, I believe one of the saddest things is watching their friends leave this earth. My mom loved her friends. She loved her cousin. I was thinking how on this earth our friends save our lives. They rescue us from sorrow. They hold our hands through tragedy.

They make us laugh. They cry with us. They rescue us from our ruins. They take us in. They attend doctor appointments with us. They call to check on us. I just cannot imagine my life without my friends. Whether it's a road trip, a lunch break, a phone call, or a fb connection... It could be a mission trip, a small group, a walk, a glass of tea, or a birthday card.

Whatever it is, as much joy as my friends bring me on this earth, I am wondering what it will be like to be with them in Heaven. Will our eyes connect? Will we laugh like we do on earth? Will our reunion in Heaven be so much more than it is on earth? If this is so…I'm overwhelmed. I believe it is. I believe our friends will continue to be a part of our Heavenly life (only it will be beyond anything we know on this earth).

So then my mind went back to thinking about my mom in Heaven with her dear friend, LaVerne & her cousin, Gloria. Of course my Dad, her brother, & her parents too. Suddenly, I was overjoyed thinking about the precious moments they must be sharing. Yes…I've always pictured them together in Heaven, but never with the magnitude of the perfection that comes with Heaven. I don't believe our earthly eyes can even fathom the beauty that awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment