Friday, November 28, 2014

to Gram's house we go...

So  what was the high light of our Thanksgiving? I'm not really sure. Life is complex, & we have much for which we are grateful (especially this year). Last year, we spent Thanksgiving with our dear friends. It was so much fun & at a time when fun wasn't happening much. We were without a home, & so many decisions lay ahead of us.

Today (one year later), we celebrate in our new home. To say I love my new home is an understatement. I haven't said much about it because I realize so many others are still without a home. One reason I couldn't wait to rebuild was because I had 2 grand babies that I wanted to enjoy in my own home. I didn't want to miss their crawling, walking, & cuteness. God has blessed this decision…

This morning my daughter texted me that her 18 month old son squealed every time she told him they were going to Gram's.  When ever he comes over, I squat down, put my arms out, & he runs to hug me.   My heart melts like butter each time. Our lil grand daughter turned 11 months today. She loves to grab my hair & laugh. She doesn't like to let go. She runs all over our house in her walker. Both of the babies love to explore Gram's house.

We had a simple meal (pretty traditional). Everyone contributed. That only added to the fun. We had a fruit plate that looked like a turkey. Our pumpkin pie came complete with leaves made of crust adorning the top of it. I was overcome with thankfulness to have us all together in our new home. It's all decorated for Christmas. We still have many rubber maids to sort through, some of them complete with pink fluffy insulation.

I gave a toast, a toast to each couple present… to Eddie & Heidi (in their new life together), to Anthony & Kristen (what a joy to see 2 people so happy), to Cody, Haley, & Lily (our precious lil grand daughter), to Josh, Jamie, & Jaxon (our adorable lil grandson), & to us (a life time together). Even though we chuckled as we clicked our glasses, my words have never been more heartfelt & sincere. Love each of you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment