Monday, November 3, 2014

I can only speak for myself

Today I had a deep discussion with a friend. We were talking about pain. My friend thinks that cancer & tornados are worse than emotional pain. As a Survivor of all 3… emotional pain is the worst for me. I hate cancer. Walking that journey is a fine line of fight/surrender. You do all you can, & then you let God. Your health ultimately lies in His hands. There is a randomness to the whole ordeal. You can do every thing that's recommended, & still lose your life to cancer. You can make poor choices & still thrive. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense.

As for tornados… well, a home can be replaced. It's unnerving. The overwhelming feeling of loss of control looms over your head. What's the plan? You don't have a plan. Havoc surrounds you. Your belongings are scattered across the world. You don't really know where or how to begin. So, you begin somewhere, & then you take your next step, & the next, & the next. One step at a time. Try not to focus on more than the next step.

Emotional pain is hardest for me because it hurts the most. It is a loss of control if you are the beneficiary of emotional wounds. You can do what you can, but sometimes the ball lies in the other persons' court, & all you can do is hope. Usually, emotional pain seems unnecessary to me. It makes me physically ill. It consumes my mind. It breaks my heart.

I can only speak for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment