Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Brilliance

In truth, I wanted to find a little Christmas devotion that would be be very special. I searched for a specific miracle to share only to have it shot down by Snopes. I was mortified. I didn't know a miracle could be dissed. Really?

As I began to recover from my disappointment, I started to ponder the brilliance of Christmas. Honestly, no other miracle compares. I decided I needn't look any further...

But then... the problem arose... which angle of Christmas, which beautiful lesson should I use? The  solution seemed simple, I would use them all. Next problem... my devotion was cluttered. So, I asked God for His divine guidance, & here's what He gave me...

The 3 Wise Men & the Shepherds both came to the Manger Scene by Heavenly appointment. The star in the East led the Magi. An Angel appeared to the Shepherds. So... in a very Godly fashion, the lowliest of lows & the wisest of the wise were present. Hmmnnn... this pattern is not new to us.

God sent His son for all people. Yes, the richest of the rich & the poorest of the poor & everybody in between. It matters not how others see you or how you see yourself. He came for you!

Just look at the treasured gifts the 3 Wise Men brought the Christ child. Obviously, they'd done their homework. They knew the scriptures, & with excitement they followed the star in the East. With them, they brought gold to crown a king, frankincense (that is incense for a Deity), & myrrh which was used for embalming.

Both the Shepherds & the Wise Men were overcome with joy. The Magi bowed down & worshiped Him. The lowly Shepherds spread the good news. They returned glorifying & praising God. All responded with awe. Without question, they recognized the brilliance of the moment. Do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment