Tuesday, May 7, 2013

one by one

Today something unexpected happened. I love that I have a life that allows for spontaneity. Okay... so I wasn't able to cook the dinner I had planned. I cheated & bought pre made salads. My trade-off? Time spent with a beautiful person. Worth the trade off? Most definitely!

I have known this friend for quite some time, probably 10 years. I've always admired her. I never had to try to like her. I just did. The more I know her, the more I love her. The more she shares her life with me, the more amazed I become. She lives a life I will likely never know (only through her).

When I was sick, she offered to come & stay with me. Recently, she took a trip with me. She was my angel. I invited her to share her story (which she did), but she also tended to me. She quietly checked in with me now & then just to see how I was fairing.

When problems arose, she solved them. She is selfless. She is bright. She is a handy man. She lives a servant life with a heart for the hurting. She is fearless. She is a beautiful rose. As her petals are peeled away one by one, her inner beauty is revealed. Her heart for Jesus is radiant. It's what makes her so beautiful.

As she looks back on her life, she also is amazed. Her life has not been easy, but God has provided for each need just as it arose. He has guided her decisions. He has protected her. He gave her hope & definitely a sense of humor. The things that have happened in her life could only happen to her.

I don't think anyone could be prepared for some of the cards she's been dealt. However, a relationship with Christ covered the details. No... it hasn't been an easy journey, but it's certainly not been boring. Life isn't about her, it's about the people God puts in her path. Thank you, Friend, for sharing today with me.

written for me dear friend & soul mate: Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment