Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The countdown is on!

Yes... the countdown is on! One of the most precious days of my life is only 3 days away, Race for The Cure, and it's trumped by an even more breathtaking event, the birth of my first grandchild. Oh me, I can hardly stand the excitement! I don't know how this is possible, but I think I am even more excited than when it was me about to give birth.

According to my calculations, Little Jaxon should be here by Friday but hopefully tomorrow. I just can't wait to meet him! I have a picture in my mind of what he will look like, just like a little miniature version of his Daddy. I think he will be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can't wait to hold him, snuggle him, & comfort him.

I can't wait to see my son-in-law & daughter be parents. They have amazed me as they have prepared for their little boy. It's been precious watching their story unfold. Since the day my daughter became pregnant, her mothering instincts took hold. She has so carefully walked this 9 month journey. It hasn't been easy, but she has risen to every detail of this occasion.

The baby's Daddy on the other hand has lovingly prepared the nursery. It is delightful. The colors are beautiful. He has used the space wisely. He even designed the baby's name above the crib. He hung the curtains & adorned them with monkeys to match the theme. All the while, he cared for his wife, & met her every need. He has attended every appointment by hers side. I know she is in good hands.

So as I walk through the next 24 hours, I will be in constant prayer. I am praying for my daughter's health, an uncomplicated delivery, for Daddy's nerves, and of course, for my sweet lil Grandson. A year ago, I was undergoing the most difficult part of my journey, radiation. I was down, so down. I was sick with a horrible cold. I was in such pain from the radiation. However, I always knew there were brighter days ahead.

So... these are the brighter days, I'm gonna be Grandma! Wow from cancer to a new lil life! And... I'm here to witness this miracle. I'm well. I'm happy. I'm alive. I've never  been more alive! The past 12 month have overflowed with joy... new friends, my middle daughter's precious new home, my youngest daughter's exciting major change, & now I'm gonna be Grandma! Thank you, God!


No comments:

Post a Comment