Friday, May 10, 2013

Stolen!

Yesterday was a day I'll never forget... we became Grandma & Papa! Amazing how the minute we laid eyes on our new little grandson, our hearts melted. There he was in his small glass bassinet, lying on his back, content as could be, with his tiny hands & feet moving about, just as they did a few hours earlier inside his Mama's womb. Oh... the miracle of childbirth. Takes your breath away!

A few feet away in a hospital bed lie one very exhausted new Mama. It had been a long, hard labor, but with the loving company of her sweet husband, she did it! She gave birth to a most precious lil baby boy. For 9 months, we've been anticipating this moment. It finally came! Yes... most definitely worth the wait!

He seems to be a combination of Mommy & Daddy with his own little twist, of course. He has a smooth brown covering of hair. His little face defines cuteness. He has 10 little toes & 10 little fingers. His tiny body is adorable. Falling in love with him is not only natural but unavoidable. The moment you see him, something unmistakeable happens. Your heart is stolen. You not only feel it, but you can see it. A look of astonishment & love fell upon each of us as we had our moment with him. An effortless bond seemed to already exist. I can't explain it.

When my moment came, I held this pure little bundle of love. It doesn't get much better than this. I held his cheek to my cheek. Oh... his soft baby skin. I couldn't wait to feel his face against mine. A touch of Heaven was mine to behold. I savored my moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment