Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back to the Blog

Well... it's very late, & I should be asleep. Tomorrow, we will be back home with Otis & Bella! We have had a wonderful vacay with my husband's family. We spent time with his Dad & his sister & her family. It's the first time I've been far from home since my diagnosis. I was a bit scared (as my track record hasn't been too good lately with some minor problems). I was also concerned about my lack of sleeping at night.

Somehow, I remained healthy, & I slept. I think I gained 10 pounds. We had an exciting vacation as we got to do one of my favorite things, swim in the ocean. However, I got knocked over by a wave & could not get back up. 3 more waves pummeled me & drug my body far from my family. They couldn't find me. Finally, they spotted me & came to my rescue. I came up laughing, only to realize they were frantic. My niece held my hand the rest of the day as we stood in the ocean. I am still weak from all of my treatments & couldn't stand on my own.

On our last day, my husband & I enjoyed Busch Gardens. We rode the Pompei (a water ride) & had a blast. We also saw a show casting only rescued animals. I even dreamt about it last night. (Cats were running everywhere!) As we baked in the hot sun, we munched on Kettle Corn & drank fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade. On the way out, we even found a candy shop. The milk chocolate was beyond words.

I had a few highlights this week:  playing "Old Maid" with my 2 great nieces, taking a jeep tour to see wild horses, nearly losing my life in the ocean, Busch Gardens with my husband, & time spent with his family. Tomorrow, we return to Home Sweet Home. I am anxious to see my own rescued animals. We have missed them. I can't wait to see my daughters & hear about their week while I was away. On Monday morning, I will be up bright & early for a treatment & labs. Hopefully, my liver enzymes will be down.

The best part of my trip was being loved by family. My niece holding my hand. My sister-in-law operating on my sore toe. My brother-in-law making me laugh. My husband telling me that when he thought I drowned, it was as bad as the moment we received my diagnosis. He said he'd never been so scared.  My father-in-law hugging me. My 2 great nieces warmed my heart again & again. I found it hard to take my eyes off of them.

As we pulled into our hotel tonight, I received an email from my sis-in-law saying she wants me to always remember how loved I am. I had the time of my life, & it wasn't because we did my favorite things. It was because we spent time with loved ones. We laughed, we talked, we probably even cried a few tears... They said meaningful things to me which I will carry with me for a life time. The treasures on this trip are too numerous to count.


1 comment: