Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It took 3 !

I have been trying to formulate this blog since last Thursday (I think). As you know, if you've recently followed my blog, I have made some dietary changes. I have to share with you what lead up to my decision. I just have to...

I have been a member of Curves for many years, so many years I've lost track of the number. I've actually made some of my best friends at Curves. I have missed them terribly this past year as I've been unable to go for most of the year. I have one friend there in particular who has gently been trying to lead me to better eating habits. As she said to me yesterday... You just weren't ready.

I have a new friend from my new church who became convicted through her prayer time to minister to me. As she has cared for me & encouraged me over the past months, she has carefully shared with me what she has been learning about healthy eating. As I began to ask more questions, I became very interested. Funny that both of these women invited me to a cooking class (the same class) which I declined. I wasn't interested. This was maybe a month ago.

Over the past month, my liver enzymes have climbed. My Oncologist sent me for labs, a CT scan, & then to my GI (who did more labs). As is common on this journey, I was scared. I really don't know what made me do it, but while on my vacation, I messaged my new friend & began reading a book she recommended.

As I read, I became convicted. I figured I had nothing to lose. So... I blogged about my new diet. Here's where it gets really interesting. My best friend from high school has been following my blog. Unbeknownst to me, she has been praying for me everyday since my diagnosis. She is a dietician, & she has been praying that God would provide a friend to help me see what she has always known. However, she did not feel it was her place to step in & tell me I needed to make some changes. I am so touched by her prayers.

I am also touched that I have a God who loves me that much, a God who cares about the details of my life. I have a God who didn't give up on me. He provided 3 friends to break through my thick skull & awaken my soul. These 3 friends are passionate about healthy eating. I never cease to be amazed that our God goes to such great lengths to care for us.

Because of my loving Heavenly Father & my 3 caring friends, I am on a new path, & I love it. I have emersed myself in learning everything I can over the past few weeks. There's still much for me to learn, but I am on my way. As I sat with my Curves friend at Panera yesterday, she couldn't help but laugh over how I have changed. I had to laugh too...


No comments:

Post a Comment