Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's just us again.

Well... it's just us again. Our youngest drove herself & all her stuff back to school yesterday. Tomorrow, my husband will take our adopted boy. It's always sad to say good-bye. It's hard to wake up each morning & know she's not in her bed. I especially miss our boy on Sunday because that is always our special day with him. 

However, it's just us isn't so bad. Yes... the house is kind of quiet. All are accounted for by early evening (1 cat, 1 dog, my husband, myself). Cooking is simple (only 2 people to please). Making decisions is a piece of cake. Basically, we already know each other's choice. Going out to eat is easy. Doing our own thing isn't bad either. After all, no 2 people want to do the same stuff all the time. 

The cycle of life continues. A new year begins. The kids get one step closer to graduation, to adulthood. Transitioning is never easy. They have adjustments to make, & so do we. Sometimes we feel as if our house has a spinning door. Our children come & go as we sit on our couch catching a glimpse as the door revolves. 

As they go in & out, their lives evolve, & when they return, they are always a little bit older. It's neat to see what they have learned, how they've matured, what's on their hearts... It's like catching a sneak peek. As our daughter weaves in & out of our life, it's fun to see who accompanies her. I love to hear her stories, who she's hanging with, & what's up her sleeve. 

Then there's our 2 married daughters. Watching them take on life never ceases to amuse, I mean, amaze me. I love to hear their stories too. Knowing that they are happily married is sweetness to my soul. Seeing their husbands care for them makes me grateful. Having 2 son-in-laws that treat me as if I were their mom, is one of my greatest blessings in life.

So as we return to it's just us, I'm anticipating sweet times. Our animals keep us entertained & make our house a home. We love our church. We love that our door revolves, & our children come & go. Most of all, we love each other & love to laugh at our silly jokes. Being married to your best friend , having your soul mate as your spouse, working through life together isn't so bad.

2 comments:

  1. :)You are so blessed, Susie! I loved this blog. See you Wednesday, yay -- love you, Sherry

    ReplyDelete