Friday, August 24, 2012

just. go. away.

Today I am sad. I am surrounded by hurting people. The pain these friends must endure is real & not likely to just. go. away. Some of them have cancer. One of them is waiting on a diagnosis. Some are adults, & some are children. Some of their cancers have metastasized, while others have continued to grow larger in their original place (in spite of treatment).

The only thing I can say is that which I repeat at least daily to myself...Nothing is going to come my way that hasn't been first sifted through God's mighty hand. I am comforted by these words because they remind me that God is in control. I know I might not get the answer I desire, but as long as I am wrapped in my Heavenly Father's loving arms, all will be well.

Sometimes we don't get the miracle we hoped for, but we do get a miracle. It's just not as easily recognized. Remember the beautiful hymn "It is Well with My Soul." The author of that song wrote it just after his children drowned. To think that such a meaningful song could follow such tragedy is mind boggling. It is a miracle. I see it as such because only a miracle (God) could give a person the healing grace to write such an insightful song, especially after receiving devastating news.

It is in the lowest times, I believe that God meets us in His most meaningful way. In despair, we find God. Why? Because He is our comforter. He is compassionate, & He doesn't forsake us. I have been touched by His loving hand many times & found comfort & peace. As I lift my dear friends up in prayer, I ask my heavenly Father that he will do for them as He did for me. His presence is truly greater than any miracle. It trumps all to be loved by God & know His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment