Sunday, February 19, 2012

Almost Grown Up...

I have a boy we took under our wing. He became a part of our lives when he was 12. Now, almost 7 years later, he brought his girlfriend home to meet his loved ones. I haven't had much company lately, so I must admit... this was a big deal for me! I got up early this morning because this boy usually arrives ahead of schedule.

At just the right moment, they pulled up & parked in front of my home. I could feel my heart overjoyed... how exciting! My son-in-law answered the door & in came 2 delightful young people, both so kind & happy! I was honored to meet her! She has a smile that lights up the room, & a heart that is contagious. So full of life, they have a future to embrace.

We visited for an hour or so, & I could sense that my husband was enjoying this moment as much as I. We laughed & talked & laughed some more. It was like a vacation from my life. He had more loved ones to visit, so before long, they were hugging us good-bye & heading for the next stop.

As I sat on my couch thinking about my boy, I was overcome with joy. He is doing well in college, making good decisions. He is involved in meaningful activities. I see his confidence growing. His faith, I can only admire. His life is a testimony. The blessings of caring for him far out weigh anything I have given.  For some unknown reason, God has put this young man in our lives, & I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment