Monday, February 13, 2012

Love is...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always perseveres." 1Corinthians 13:1-7

Perhaps one of the most quoted & loved chapters of the Bible. Quoted at my wedding & my daughter's. Words to be memorized & followed. Words to live by... These words are not often disputed. This scripture passage provides us with a pure definition of love, not an easy one to imitate.

What does the imitation of this scripture look like in my life?  My college daughter calling me everyday to check on me. My son-in-law doing my laundry. My daughter bathing me & changing my dressings. My husband piercing his ear for my fight. My dog snuggling up next to me. People I don't even know praying for me. My son-in-law posting meaningful pics on my wall. My friend checking up on me through a text. My godson making a picture out of cupcake holders for me. Our Pastor being there for my surgery. Kind words spoken at just the right time. People dying their hair pink & getting pink feathers for my fight. My daughter getting a pink ribbon tattoo in my honor. I cannot even begin to tell you how this scripture has been demonstrated in my life.

Scripture says we are to love each other & that others will know us by our love. I hope that as others look into my life, they will see a picture of this scripture. I believe it is what makes the Christian life most attractive. Also, it's Valentine's Day, & I just couldn't help but saying what's on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed with such a loving family that would doing anything for you. Praise God for them.

    ReplyDelete