Thursday, February 23, 2012

Deprived...

Friendship has been heavily on my mind lately. I think it's occupied my thinking because my cancer has deprived me of my friends. As I've insinuated in earlier blogs, my couch has become my closest friend.  I am kidding about that.... but seriously, I do miss my friends. Sometimes, you don't realize what you have until you lose it. I have always valued my friends & taken time for them. I've even been accused of putting them ahead of my family. Sometimes, they become family, & it is hard to distinguish a friend from family. They all are my "loved ones."

Just for fun, I looked up friendship on Wikipedia, & I love what I found:

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:
.  The tendency to desire what is best for the other
.  Sympathy & empathy
.  Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth
.  Mutual understanding & compassion; ability to go to each other for emotional support
.  Enjoyment of each other's company
.  Trust in one another
.  The ability to be oneself, express one's feelings, & make mistakes without fear of judgement 


To any of my friends who are checking out my blog, I want to thank you for being here for me. Truthfully, I began this blog for my 3 daughters. I want them to have a piece of me when My Heavenly Father chooses to take me home. Secondly, I like to live my life as an open book, hoping/praying that others may see Christ in me & want Him. Lastly, this blog is for my "loved ones" so that you may know my footsteps when I can't muster up the strength to tell you verbally.

So... if you are checking out my blog (for whatever reason), I pray that in some seemingly insignificant way, it will bring you one small step forward in His presence.

This blog is dedicated to my friends. I love you...


1 comment:

  1. My Sister in Christ,
    The prayer team at GOCC continues to pray for you and Scott, trusting that our Lord and Savior has His hand firmly upon you both. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete