Friday, February 3, 2012

A little pink

Today has been a very emotional day for me. My countdown to surgery is on... Monday morning early, just 3 days away. Every time I think about it, my heart begins to race. I try to focus on other things like what is going on in my daughter's lives, how cute my little Godson is, & how thankful I am for my beautiful friends.

Here is a list of some of the kindness I have received in the last few months: meaningful cards with beautiful words of encouragement, a handmade quilt, a devotion, pajamas, flowers, phone calls, a prayer shawl, a Christmas stocking, delicious meals, inspiring stories, & prayers beyond my ability to count.  I have been treated to lunch. I have been hugged more than I can say. People have taken time to share the kindest words I've ever heard.

Today, I went to my husband's place of work to receive prayer. All of his coworkers placed their hands on me & said the sweetest prayers. They brought tears to my eyes. Even my little Godson had his precious hand on me. I felt so comforted, cared for, & uplifted.

All of the women that work with my husband honored me by getting a pink streak of permanent dye in their hair or a pink feather. If I had hair, I would have joined in the fun!  Then my husband did the most loving thing he could have done. He did something he didn't want to do.  I might even say he did the unthinkable. He got his ear pierced with a pink earring.

I have asked him to do this for years. He has resisted for many reasons. I understood but still continued to badger him throughout our marriage. Today, in honor of my fight & JUST because he loves me, he got his ear pierced. I have no words to describe the meaning of his act of love. It makes me love him all the more. How is that even possible?

2 comments:

  1. Prayers are with you and your family. Remember to let the girls know I'm here for them. We don't know each other but i have so been through this roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspiring and emotional post today, Susie. Your blog, and you, are so amazing and you don't even know it -- which makes you even more special! Please know I will be thinking about you, as so many others will be, on Monday and in the next few weeks. Let us know when you would like to have visitors --either in the hospital or at home. I would love to come and just hang out, talk, bring coffee, brownies, whatever! You are so loved and with good reason! Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete