Saturday, February 4, 2012

Precious moments...

If this journey has taught me nothing else, it has given me opportunity to savor the moment. As a young adult, if I had something troubling me, I could not see past my worries to enjoy the present moment. I knew this was not the right way to live, but I honestly couldn't help myself. Little did I know that one day, I would find myself on an unresolvable journey.

Here are the moments I like to savor : a conversation with a loved one, nuzzling in my dog's neck (breathing in his doggie smell & feeling his softness on my face), going to bed at night with my husband & feeling safe in the crook of his arm, eating a milk chocolate malt ball & letting it melt in my mouth, basking in the sunshine on the beach, hearing God's still small voice, seeing a pretty pink rose, laughing at my husband's silly jokes, looking into my daughters' faces, seeing my son-in-laws love my daughters, reflecting on my childhood memories, watching a teen come to Christ...

All of these moments bring me joy that enables me to escape my difficult journey. When I take time to contemplate these treasures, I find myself in a quiet place  filled with indescribable contentment.  I have learned to savor these precious moments & to realize they are my mountaintops. These moments are not once-in-a-life time; they are close at hand. They come & go, & I don't have to travel to the ends of the earth to find them. They live in my heart, in my mind, & they continue to happen every day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment