Thursday, March 29, 2012

our children...

Yesterday was special. It was unique (as is each day). I know I haven't fully processed my thoughts. Truly, I don't think I'm capable of finding complete peace in these circumstances. The closest I will be able to come is complete trust. Maybe peace will come as a result of trusting Him. Only time will tell.

I spent the day with someone who has recently become dear to me. I pray for her daily & sometimes multiple times a day. She is young (from my perspective) & beautiful (inside & out). Her faith is deeper than any I've witnessed. How did she get this faith? I would say simply by walking her walk & drawing close to God.

Yes... she has cancer. If I could trade places with her, I would. She has young children, & I think that is what breaks my heart the most. Yesterday, I came to a new realization as I hugged my courageous friend.  I pondered our words. We both feel chosen to walk this journey that no one would chose. We are honored to walk a difficult walk in hopes that others will see Christ in us & want Him.

She has walked this journey much longer than I. Perhaps that's why she's such a role model in her faith. She's had to deal with the reality of things I can only imagine. The revelation that came to me was this:  Her children are chosen too (as are mine, only they have reached young adulthood, her's are small).
So if I live out my faith, if I trust in Him, then I should rest in Him.

It's Biblical that God won't give us more than we can handle. It's good to be stretched. Otherwise, I don't think our faith would grow.  My devotion this morning said that suffering makes us better people. It makes us deeper for sure. Last July, I asked God to refine my heart. Was getting breast cancer His way of honoring my request?

Back to these children (of all ages) that are called to walk this journey with us. As my friend & I said yesterday, "It's a domino effect." If we are chosen, then they are chosen too. Since tomorrow is as close to God as yesterday, I know that He knew this would be their walk from the start. So if He created them knowing this would be their journey, He has equipped them to walk this painful road. Their treasures will be of eternal value as are the treasure their mothers continue to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment