Tuesday, March 27, 2012

spoiled

Tonight we (my husband & I) went to an oyster bar on the river. It was a beautiful evening both weather wise & with my beloved. The best part was the walk along the river after our seafood delicacies. It was beginning to get dark, & we could see the sky line on the other side. The lights were twinkly; the breeze was heavenly.

We talked about little things, just truly enjoying one another's company. After all, we are each other's best friend. My life cannot be at peace if my relationship with him is not in sync. I cannot make decisions (even for myself) without his approval. He told me he will not be okay without me.  I am not okay without him.

Tonight's topics were random as usual. My ADD brain has reached a whole new level from the chemo. I'm not sure I could function without my family, at least not technologically speaking. We conversed about our kitty we just laid to rest. We discussed how my husband ended up with such a sickly wife, not what we saw in the cards back in our early years.

I mentioned how spoiled I am. He has given into my every whim over the years. I've never seen anything like it, & I don't take it for granted.  I'm sure I have abused his generosity at times. Occasionally, he just appeases me because my childish ways weigh heavy on his heart.  I have so much for which to be thankful.

His best attributes have always been his ability & desire to listen. His teddy bear ways are such a comfort to me.  He is God's earthly extension of His loving hand. His sense of humor is my best distraction. His embrace is my security. His hearty laugh warms my heart. His dark brown eyes make me feel his love. His giving in to me makes me know I'm loved even when I don't deserve his doting ways. His voice soothes my soul. His words make me feel better. His unconditional love allows me to love others. Yes... I am spoiled. I am loved beyond words...


2 comments:

  1. What a tribute to your husband and to your tenacity on this journey. Kendra just started a team in honor of me for the Race for the Cure in May. I hope to see you then. Blessings sent your way to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sue. I'll look forward to waving at you in the big crowd. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete