Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cancer isn't fair.

Last night began the blistering of my skin due to radiation. My first blister is about as big as a nickel, & I am told it's only going to get worse from here on out. How much worse? "We don't know, but we will give you pain medication." Hmmnnnn.... not sure I'm in need of that yet. The one good thing about radiation in my case is this: once it starts to get bad, you are on the countdown. 8 more full sessions & hopefully 5 lesser sessions called a booster.

After that, we went for pedis (my girls & I). It was one of those days where I had to come home & remove the design. Not quite what I was hoping for. My fingernails are still tearing off like paper & for some reason, this bothers me. Not only do they feel funny, some of them are extremely short. Combined with neuropathy, I'm frequently aware of their abnormal presence.

Radiation is zapping my energy. I've always been a person with a lot of get-up-&-go, but I'm finding that I have to take it easy if I want peace of mind. My youngest is home for a month & has offered to cook dinner every night because she wants to learn to cook. Her timing couldn't be better, & for that, I feel very blessed, not too mention the fact that she seems to be a natural.

I have a big week end ahead of me with Pray for The Cure, a dear friend's wedding, & The Race for The Cure. I'm hoping/praying my body will hold up to attend all 3 events (as they are all very important to me). It's so nice to have my baby daughter home for a month. Then, she's off to South Africa for 2 months to work in an orphanage. I will miss her & pray for her everyday.

My oldest was saying yesterday that cancer isn't fair. I said I agree, but I still feel my life is so full & enriched, I can only be grateful. She smiled & told me I was special. I'm secretly glad she thinks so, but I know my joy comes from God. I believe He wants others to notice my joy in spite of my circumstances. I'm no more special than anyone else. Also, I know others who have it much worse than I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment