Sunday, May 20, 2012

nothing short of a miracle...

Life is a choice, & it doesn't stop for one person. The sun sets & rises, & until Christ comes,  I believe this is how it will be. The choice is in how we react to our circumstances. Sometimes they are not what we would chose, but still life goes on...

This past week has been a true mix of highs & lows. The highs definitely revolve around my loved ones (both family & friends). The lows are a result of physical pain caused by an oozing sore in my left armpit. Each day it grows in intensity & perimeter. Surely, it will soon reverse.

Each day I have a choice: to get up off my couch, find the most comfortable thing I can wear, & join my loved ones in living life. It's simple: if I stay on my couch, my pain engulfs me. If I take pain medicine & celebrate life by living it, the pain comes & goes. And so it goes... with my emotions.

Taking the focus off me, makes my joy overflow. It's so much better than my alternative! Yesterday, I joined my loved ones in The Color Run. I didn't actively participate, but I was the self appointed photographer. Pictures are my passion, & I had a blast.  What a celebration of color, of beauty, of life!

At one point I stood behind a young man with an amazing tattoo on his shoulder, Each moment is an experience. Such words could not be more fitting for The Color Run & for my life. As I said in a recent blog, I have become just the opposite of my earlier years. I used to think I needed my stars aligned to be able to enjoy life. I don't really think my stars will ever truly be aligned in this earthly life, but I thank God, He's enabled me to enjoy each moment regardless of my circumstances. For me... that's growth & nothing short of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment