Sunday, May 27, 2012

I don't like the word intentional.

So begins another day... I went to Prompt Care yesterday afternoon to have my eye looked at. It's red, feels like it has something in it, & burns occasionally. Apparently, it has an irritation that hopefully will respond to drops. If not, I will see an eye doctor. We will go from there...

I wasn't expecting anything more than pink eye.  If you've followed my blog, you know this isn't the first time that my expectations have been met unexpectedly. Keeping things in perspective & my focus on others is essential right now. Becoming self absorbed & having a pity party seems useless. It's nothing we can't take care of, it's just a little more than I had in mind. It adds one more concern to my list & makes me feel like I have another hurdle (though a small one) to cross.

It might seem like I am making too much out of this. However, the fact that I'm already recovering  physically from radiation right now & fighting a serious cold certainly contribute to the overall picture.I have become increasingly aware of how the body, mind, & spirit interconnect & effect one's healing process. It seems that when one part suffers, the other part cannot help but hurt. Our bodies are delicately made, & sometimes we never know what impact one part has on the other.

I don't like the word intentional but I think I have to be intentional right now to face my issues. I must force myself to claim the fact that there are brighter days ahead. I must realize that everyone gets bad colds, & many people have multiple issues (much worse than mine). I need to focus on the fact that radiation is over, & my wounds eventually will heal. Also, I have found that one's body frequently adjusts to new issues. That too takes time. Lastly, I must face the spiritual part of my situation. A nagging thought keeps popping into my brain trying to tell me that all this is because there's something about myself I haven't faced.

If this be the case, I want to search my heart & know what I need to get from this. I don't want to miss something the Lord would have me learn. As my days pass, & my situation moves slowly in & out of its phases, I do have new found empathy for others. As the unexpected continues to catch me off guard & throw my emotions into a tail spin,  I have to go back to the basics & claim them. I know I rest in the palm of God's hand, & nothing can snatch me from His mighty hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment