Friday, May 25, 2012

...a few of my favorite things



a cold coke in a can / new jammies from my friend / my soft, pretty, & curious kitty / an ice-cream sundae with  hot fudge & marshmallow topping / my sweet & affectionate Lab with his wagging tail / Gotye on the radio / kindness /a gentle breeze/ time spent with loved ones / flowers / hair without a hat/ mint melt-aways / friendship / cards in the mail/ babies/ sunshine against blue sky / laughter /  hugs  

This morning (as has been my norm lately), I awoke with a need to find relief.  My pain medicine wore off  as I slept, & getting myself moving is both hard & necessary. It's hard because I don't feel good. It's necessary because it's the only way I will feel better. Once I get freshened up, some food in my stomach, & the pain medicine kicks in, I begin to have a new frame of mind. I begin to feel human & even wonder what I can accomplish (laundry, dishwasher, etc.)  My goals are small but worthy & helpful in keeping a home running smoothly.

My sweet friend took my daughter & me a few days ago to get my hair cut & colored. She knew I was feeling a bit inhuman, & I think she made it her goal to help revive my spirit.  At the time, I just went along with it. I don't think I was even capable of comprehending how much it would make me feel rejuvenated. Even though mornings are rough, I can't get over the fact that I now have hair. Yes... it's extremely short, but it's enough. Each day, I get to put a little gel on it & spike it up. I even get to use a bit of hairspray & slightly shape it. And... the best part, no more hats! I can now look up without the brim of my hat shading my view. I can feel the wind blowing on my head. My hair still has a little kick to it. It hasn't lost it's personality.

This beautiful friend of mine; she also did something else for me. She knew I was struggling with what to wear around my house because of the bad sore under my arm. She went to her favorite store & bought me all kinds of pretty feminine pajamas. They are so pretty & so soft. They are an answer to prayer. And the best part... they wrap me in love because my sweet friend cared to pamper me. So as my day started off kind of rocky, I got up & did my usual thing, but when I got to my new lovely pajamas, I basked in the love with which they were given to me. They turned my day around.  It's because of them, I began thinking about my favorite things, all things which are never usually too far from my reach.

written for: Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment