Saturday, June 2, 2012

...the cycle of life...

The Lord gives, & the Lord takes away. It's Biblical, & it's true. Sometimes it's too sad to bear. I came home from a beautiful wedding this evening to receive news that a person dear to my heart passed away this morning from complications from leukemia. All I could do was sob. I know I take this news harder than I ever have. I know I'm in a weakened state. I knew she was sick. However, I am in shock.

I am in shock that a horrible disease with treatments worse than the illness itself has claimed another life today, the life of a beautiful woman, an angel. She is a a wife, a mother, a grandmother, & a friend. To my knowledge, she never hurt a flea. I only knew her for her kindness & her love for children. I knew her as a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother, & friend. Her family seemed to be her all; that's what mattered to her most.

When my oldest was tiny, I had no family nearby. This sweet woman, who really didn't know me, would lovingly watch my lil firecracker & entertain her with coloring & all sorts of fun. She didn't have grandchildren yet, & so she doted on my curly headed little daughter. When I'd pick my baby girl up, she'd tell me stories of the funny & cute things she did while I was away. To say she was a Godsend doesn't even begin to say how she touched my lonely life.

Today, I believe she went to Heaven, her eternal home where she will be whole. No more tears & no more suffering. No more leukemia. No more treatments. No more waiting for results. No more sickness. How she will be missed by those who loved her! I can only imagine the ache in their hearts, the lumps in their throats, their tears, & yet, their love.

She made a life out of loving them, & the love in their hearts for her surpasses the depth of any words. She made their house a home. She nurtured them. She doted on each of them. She adored them. The only beauty in this is that with each of them, she has left a part of herself which will live on in them. She made their lives beautiful, & because of her, that beauty is eternal.

a tribute to: a dear one

No comments:

Post a Comment