Sunday, June 10, 2012

The greatest gift

God blessed me with the greatest gift of all. I was sitting next to a young woman in church today on her birthday. I believe she has had a heart experience, & God is working in her life. There is nothing quite like sitting next to someone who has a newfound love for & recognition of the Lord. As our Pastor spoke, she & I both heard words that we thought were meant just for us. How can that be?

On top of this, I got to meet her little boy who warmed my heart. He reminded me of how I think his uncle would have acted at this age. His smile was so precious. He took to me & my husband, & I believe an instant bond was formed. He said the cutest things in his own little way. The best part was when he wanted me to take a picture of him kissing his mommy.

The refreshing part of his mommy is this: sitting next to her in the pew, I could sense the Lord at work in her life. She was listening to every word & even responding with soft verbal answers to the pastor's questions. I remember the first time I met her, probably 6 years ago. To say I was an enigma to her, would be putting it mildly & nicely. As for me... I was just absorbing it all, maybe chuckling on the inside as she reacted to me.

So... 6 years later, I have the privilege of sitting with her in church & becoming her friend. A few weeks ago, we were together. I was ill, & she saw to it that my needs were immediately met. She's a good little mother, trying so hard to teach her son right from wrong. She's gracious & caring. She shared her son with me today. She made me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment