Friday, June 15, 2012

I will never be normal (part 2).

I'm not sure, but I think yesterday's blog may have concerned a few caring readers. I stated that I will never be my old self, & that I will never be normal again. My hope is that the reader caught the end of my blog, the part that says God has impressed upon my heart that my worth does not come from the restoration of my body, & neither can my faith depend on it.

Sometimes, I write my blogs  because there might be someone else out there struggling with a similar issue. I have struggled with this issue over the past 10 months, but now, as I blog about it, my  mind & heart have been restored. I don't ever expect my body to be fully restored, & I am thankful that I am finally moving beyond that hope.

As for the loss of normalcy, truthfully, I was never normal. Who is? What is normal? I am at peace with who I am, & I don't think normal has ever been a part of the equation. In fact, as a person who majored in helping people with disabilities & a former youth leader, I seem to revel in peoples' quirks & unique traits. That's putting it mildly; actually, I am drawn to people with difficulties. I always have been.

So... if you are concerned about me seeing myself as different (never to be returned to my old self), rest assured, I am okay. There is much about me that is unique, & I realized that as a young child. I think it is important to embrace the special traits God has gifted us with (whether we would choose them or not). I think our flaws are beautiful. Frequently, God does some of His greatest wonders through our weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment