Sunday, April 8, 2012

Defining Moment.

Today was a sweet Easter Sunday. Things have changed; my appreciation for life has deepened. Each day spent with my loved ones is a gift. We celebrated my 50th birthday a little early this weekend upon my request. It was just easier. I asked that it be a small celebration, & my family honored my wishes. I didn't want a big todo.

To say it was a meaningful celebration would be putting it mildly. If you've been following my blog, you know my birthday began with an adorable gift from my husband. My kids all met her this weekend, & I think I can say... It was love at first sight. My youngest daughter arrived on Friday. Her gift was a pretty pink calla lilly. It stands for magnificence & beauty, quite appropriate for Easter.

My oldest daughter & her beloved came on Saturday bearing a pretty angel necklace. I had her fasten it for me, & I haven't taken it off. She said I needed a guardian angel. It is beautiful!

My middle daughter arrived today with her newlywed husband. They brought me a pink bed for Bella. It is charming! It has a little pom pom which hangs in the doorway to taunt her, complete with a leopard print cushion. It's a little hut & will provide a hide away from Otis.

We all spent the weekend together. Friday night our youngest took us to a movie. We had Gino's Pizza on Saturday night, my all time favorite. I dozed off afterwards as we watched "To Kill a Mockingbird." I wanted to stay awake, but my eyes wouldn't let me. Easter Sunday began with church followed by lunch. The service had a lasting impact. The weather was gorgeous. The food was cooked to perfection.

The defining moment: the 3 cards I received from my 3 precious daughters. My eyes welled up with tears. As I read each of them, I again realized how blessed I am. To have their love & admiration is the sweetest gift of all. I feel so undeserving, yet at the same time, my heart melts. If I had known when they were young, the way our story would be written... If I had known, at age fifty, I'd be fighting for my life... If I had known, how beautiful they would be (both inside & out)... If I had known, how they would envelope me with love & carry my burdens... If I had known, the return of loving them... Simply put, I wouldn't have been able to fathom such love.

1 comment: