Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wheel Spinning... ... ...

Decision making is hard. Spinning our wheels is unproductive. Deciding what to do can be mind boggling & emotionally exhausting. Sometimes we are consumed with our decisions & sit ourselves on a stationery bike that doesn't move forward. We pedal & pedal, but we go nowhere.

Some people thrive on constant upheaval, not knowing what to do. The inability to make a decision can be crippling. We cannot move forward when we are stuck in limbo. Our indecision may also have a ripple effect. Others may be crippled by our wheel spinning too.

When trying to make a difficult decision, I seek the Lord. I ask myself what He would have me do. After all, life's not really about me, is it? I pray for direction & seek peace. Recently, I realized that sometimes we will not find peace. We just have to strive to do the right thing or the best thing. There may not even be a wrong or a right, just what's best.

Over the last 8 months, I have learned this: Do not give up when seeking the Lord. Somehow, someway, He will provide our answer. It may be through a song, through the wise counsel of a trusted friend, a scripture, a conviction, or a multitude of other ways. As we sit on our stationery bikes, pedaling as if there is no tomorrow, we need to commit our hearts, minds, & souls to His care. I am convinced that He will keep His promise, He will direct our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment